Sunday, February 17, 2013

The HOUSE

We love our house.  It is great.  The yard is awesome, the kitchen and bathrooms are new and beautiful, I have room for food storage, a craft room and a nice size living room in the basement.  Our kids have their own rooms and we even have a guest bedroom.  Our neighborhood is great, the ward is awesome, and I like being up in the foothills close to great schools.

So WHY have I been pouring over the MLS searching for a house for the last year???  I keep asking myself for a logical answer.  Brandon and I both feel like we will not stay here forever.  We want to raise our kids in a larger home.  We want a home that can accommodate the large family gatherings we have here on nearly a monthly basis, something like what our parents had when we were growing up.

We found a house a couple of weeks ago that fits nearly every requirement we had.    Plus it is a great house for parties.  Plenty of room for family gatherings and its close to my family too (within 5 minutes). There are a few short comings, but there is no perfect house, right?  We made an offer, they accepted, and I have been trying to come to terms with it emotionally every day since.  I've been a mixed ball of emotions.  I should be excited, but I am nervous, overwhelmed and ultimately sad to leave the home I have put so much heart into.  I realized I have lived in this house longer than any other house in my life (a whole 6 years - wow, I know), so of course change is hard, especially when it is self-imposed.

I know it will be fine once everything is settled, but in the meantime, any moral support is appreciated. :)

Pictures to come!


2 comments:

  1. Looks AMAZING!! Can't wait to come visit :). You'll be awesome! Good thing you have lots of good friends and neighbors who can help you watch your kids and pack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whit! I can't believe you are on here giving me moral support right after you just had a baby!! :). YOU are amazing!! Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it more than you know. :)

    ReplyDelete