He loves to sleep, and can only be awake for about 1 1/2 hours tops before taking a nap. He takes about 4 to 5 mini naps a day, goes to bed at 6pm and wakes up at 6am. He also loves to eat. He still eats every 2 1/2 hours. I suppose he needs to sleep and eat a lot so he can keep up his Michelin Man physique!
He adores his brother and sister. I am always attempting to make him smile and laugh but an appearance from Riley or especially Eliza, elicits boundless smiles and uncontrollable giggles. And what makes it even better is that he is a laughter-induced hiccupper like Eliza. I hope to win his affection over someday, but for now I know I stand third in line when it comes to the pure joy he has being in their presence.
He nearly always has a look of surprise or shock on his face, just like Riley did at this age. His eyebrows are plastered to the top of his head and his eyes seem huge.
The bouncy chair and the bath are his favorite pastimes. The bouncy chair creates at least 15 minutes of entertainment for everyone as his legs fly out to the sides and his little body bobs up and down as if he were attempting some kind of ballet leaps. Bath time is tricky since he is fascinated with water, splashing with his hands and feet, and attempting to stick his face into the water. I almost need 3 hands to bathe him safely - two to wash him and one just to hold him into the baby bathtub so he doesn't take a face dive into the tub.
Because Spencer is a BIG spitter (and partially because he wants to be held so much) we haven't given him a lot of tummy-time. The minute he's on his stomach, he spits up and then rubs his face in it. Not much tummy time equates to a baby who isn't even remotely interested in rolling over, much less trying to get anywhere. Maybe he's so big, it would take too much effort anyway. The spitting up is getting better though. I can usually make it through the day in no more than two outfits lately and Spencer made it through the whole day in the same outfit for the first time recently. It still had spit up on it, but at least it wasn't drenched. Maybe we will start to enforce tummy time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment