We are just about into week three of doing the nightly injections, and I know some of you have been praying for me because I can feel it! It's still not easy, but it's easier. It is getting less painful, as they told me would be the case as my body adjusted to it, and I am coping with it better. It's still something I dislike to my very core, but I haven't been passing out or throwing up and that's a great place to start. I haven't been brave enough to do it to myself yet, but I have a wonderful husband who helps me. I know I will get there in time.
I try to stay positive and to remember I am doing this to decrease the disease progression. Without it I could have some serious disabilities in the next 10-15 years. I'd take the nightly shots over a wheelchair any day. That's enough of a reason to tough it out for me.
Besides, I use it as an excuse to watch a few minutes of TV to take my mind of it each night, and I have a new favorite show... White Collar (thanks Netflix!)... I'd probably never take the time to sit down and watch it otherwise, so at least there's some immediate good that comes of it too, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment